Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HW 5 Response to comments - GHIJK

Sandy:
First of all I would like to thank you for your response to my writing. I know it was very long to read and not very clear. So I appreciate that you dedicated your time to read it and understand it, even though it was assigned to do so. This is because, although we were in a group of 4 people you were the only one to respond to it, so once again thank you. I can tell that you really understood my different ideas regarding digital and electronic media, and I'm glad you liked the visual of my post. I really spend a fair amount of time choosing the right color that goes along with the background of my blog and of course the right image that would represent this topic.

I am aware that my writing is often not organized and therefore it could be rather difficult for the reader to really understand my point. Usually I have so many ideas about the assigned topic, and I just type them up as fast as I can so I do not forget about them. In your response you suggested me a way to make my writing better. By saying that "this blog could be further developed if you organized your ideas and put them in a logical order" it make me reconsider brainstorming my ideas first instead of writing a draft as you originally suggested. I personally do not like writing drafts. I am more comfortable using different methods, but I still appreciate your suggestion and I am even more aware that I do need to do something about my writing skills.

After reading your summary of my blog and your own personal connection to it, I considered a new fact that did not even crossed my mind while I was writing about this topic. I mentioned that our generation was so consumed by this technology and cyber space because we had grown up with it. I had in mind that the previous generation was the one who had brought up this electronic world into us for actually making it. But we are main the users of it. And the users are the most experienced. Therefore when you said that " we are the ones teaching our parents and grandparents how to use them" It made me realize that we are not the victims of this electronic world that was enforced into us, as I considered us to be, but the actual cause of disaster. We are not only influencing our previous generation, the one that is supposed to be teaching US about how to live, but we will also influence the future generations into this cyber space.

I can tell that you are more focused on how the number of people who are involved with this cyber world is just increasing through time. And although I mentioned that idea in my post, my main point was that cyber space causes the user to not be able to distinguish the gap between the real world and the cyber world at some point. I remembered that this was your main point on your own post, so I can understand why you interpreted my main point in that way. Although these two are different points they go hand by hand. If someone does not dedicate enough time using the Internet then that person is less to be unable to separate his real world with the world that the Internet offers. Therefore the number of people who uses the Internet, which is constantly increasing, is most likely to become less aware of reality and define this daily activity as "normal"; which will be passed on to future generations creating a never ending chain of unrealistic ideas.

Based on your comment and your post I would say that we are both interested about the ways of communicating to other people through the Internet, or through any electronic device. This leads me to think of an alternative way of living which I imagine rather complicated if not impossible to practice. The following question represents this idea, If the Internet was suddenly stopped along with other ways of communicating electronically, how would we share our feelings and thoughts to other people without that protective wall that saves us from fatal criticism?

I would love to hear what you have to say about this and I hope this comment about your comment made you think more about this topic or even provide you with new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment